A whole new ME!!

A whole new ME!!
You can make it through..Me after the RIDE!! Life through new eyes and it is MAGICAL!!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

3 Days until I board the Reconstruction RollerCoaster!!!

Happy Sunday Everyone!! Here we are at recounstruction already..It has been a year and 4 months since this crazy cancer rollercoaster started; On Wed. Nov 2nd I will be undergoing surgery I am nervous, excited to show cancer that I am at the top of the coaster shouting "HAHAHAHHAHAHA you may have taken my breasts, now I am getting them back and I have allowed this journey to make me sooooooooooo much better, you may have pushed me down but I am standing tall"

What I am learning is that some people do not understand why I have to have this type of surgery I have included a video on why and ~~IT IS VERY GRAPHIC SHOWING THE WHOLE SURGERY FROM START TO FINISH SO IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THAT SORT OF THING DO NOT WATCH IT~~~~~I WARNED YOU!!!

The reason for this type of surgery is duing a mascetomy the surgeon takes everything on my right side the new my chest wall is GONE! It looks like my breasts were erased from my body..very surreal..IT is FLAT I cane feel my breast bone also radation killed the blood supply so the pedicule flap has its own blood supply which will keep my new breast alive. On the left side there is still the wall there because that side did not have cancer I wanted it gone because I am too young and did not want to take the risk no matter how small..There is enough tissue there to use a tissue expander which stretches the skin to one size larger then what I want, it is filled with saline once every 2 weeks and then will be replaced with a silicone implant. In Aug 2012 I will be able to have my nipples replaced..And then the journey will be over..Of course I will have to be monitered for the rest of my life..Hey that is ok  with me, every doc visit will be few and farther, each one means I am still ALIVE!!!

http://youtu.be/xcew3ycbG50?t=5s

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bonding with my girl's

Bonding with my girl's
I am still mom! WE are all bald under our hair, let's make it colorful not fearful!!

Climbing the mountain 10/17/10

Climbing the mountain 10/17/10
Winning the war against breast cancer, enjoying the freedoms to be me! Loved the fact the flag was behind me and I did not even know it. Thanks to all those that defend our freedom!

About Me

My photo
I am a easy going person who loves God and the life he has given to me, so I am trying to live my BEST life, and have alot of laughs and fun along the way!!