A whole new ME!!

A whole new ME!!
You can make it through..Me after the RIDE!! Life through new eyes and it is MAGICAL!!

Thursday, December 29, 2011

The good, the bad and the UGLY!! GRAPHIC PICTURES!!! .

*****WARNING THE IMAGES IN THE


POST ARE HIGHLY GRAPHIC THIS IS THE REALITY OF MASTECTOMY AND RECONSTRUCTION YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED*******

I have had requests for pictures of what I have been through after all it has not all been pretty and positive that is not reality, that exists in my blog at least..Leave that for TV my blogs are not edited just as reality isn't. This is 10months post op, the darking of the skin is from the radiation it will fade with time..My port is on the upper right side which I had my treatments through, that was taken out at the time of reconstruction :)
January 2011 I underwent a double mascetomy the right breast had cancer, the left was a choice of mine which now I am glad I made. I did not choose immediate reconstruction because I had to have radiation on the right side due to the cancer invaded my lymph nodes. So I healed up had 33 treatments of Radiation.

Six months later met with my Plastic Surgeon to undergo a 10 hour reconstructive surgery TRAM FLAP (take the tissue, fat, and some muscle from my stomach to make my new breast! (Nov.2nd, 2011) 15 days before my 40th birthday here I am below 5 days post op with 6 drains that lasted for almost 2 weeks, had daily nursing care to change my dressings and put on a tube of Antibiotic ointment each day had over 200 stitches..My left breast is being expanded out every week until it the skin is stretched enough then the expander will be taken out, implant placed and some revisions to the right breast..This also resulted in a tummy tuck which is FAB!! Went back to work after 4 weeks. Feeling very good, cannot wait to get the next surgery over with so I can go bikini shopping! I am so thankful to be ALIVE and HEALTHY again..IT still is hard somedays waiting to heal...Thank you GOD!! For a second chance  :))

1 comment:

  1. Well, bless your soul! Don't know if I would have been as strong as you have been! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Bonding with my girl's

Bonding with my girl's
I am still mom! WE are all bald under our hair, let's make it colorful not fearful!!

Climbing the mountain 10/17/10

Climbing the mountain 10/17/10
Winning the war against breast cancer, enjoying the freedoms to be me! Loved the fact the flag was behind me and I did not even know it. Thanks to all those that defend our freedom!

About Me

My photo
I am a easy going person who loves God and the life he has given to me, so I am trying to live my BEST life, and have alot of laughs and fun along the way!!