A whole new ME!!

A whole new ME!!
You can make it through..Me after the RIDE!! Life through new eyes and it is MAGICAL!!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

The butterfly is complete...

 Hi everyone, had my final surgery for my breast reconstruction yesterday. Had to be at the hospital at 5:45am UGGHH I know..LOL. Of course the arm (my right side) can no longer have IVs, blood pressure cuff as well as blood draws..due to all my lymph nodes taken out, so I was a hard stick the IV had to go in my wrist on my left arm all I have to say is thank goodness for lido-cane!! 


The the gorgeous anesthesiologist came by to discuss everything..He is just so HOT!! Hey whatever gets me through huh? LOL Dr. E marked me all up, gave me the good drugs to relax me (wouldn't let me take any of it home though :) Then I got in the OR put the mask over my face and then Dr. Hottie  put me to sleep..


Woke up in recovery not to much pain there, did give me pain med in my IV so that helped. Surgery was about 3 hours, amazing how nice it was to wake up with the tissue expander gone  (no wonder I was so grumpy) it was as hard as a baseball and painful at times.That alone was a relief and he lifted my right side as well he fixed my "dog ears" which was the little flaps of skin from the tummy tuck on each side of my hips were poking out just annoying and ugly so he fixed that.. 


This surgery was so much easier then the last one, I am very sore, especially on my left side I can feel that side, where my right is not too bad still numb from the previous surgeries..Cannot shower or take off my bandages until tomorrow so I cannot wait to see the final results (it will take a few weeks for everything to settle.. So, happy that it is OVER..That I could get this reconstruction that a lot of women cannot get (if they do not have insurance) it is very expensive..Please click on the link on my blog page upper right hand corner that reads " Help women get the breast reconstruction they deserve" It is "My Hope Chest" helping women through donations to get the reconstruction they need to help put cancer behind them. It does help so much to have breast back that won't kill ya :) It is bringing awareness to people that think money with other groups helps with that and it DOES not! Thank you Dr. Egozi and his wonderful staff giving me back my balance in life. Your gift is amazing, I am so grateful to have this done. 


" When you are grateful, you cannot be hateful" it is a choice..Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bonding with my girl's

Bonding with my girl's
I am still mom! WE are all bald under our hair, let's make it colorful not fearful!!

Climbing the mountain 10/17/10

Climbing the mountain 10/17/10
Winning the war against breast cancer, enjoying the freedoms to be me! Loved the fact the flag was behind me and I did not even know it. Thanks to all those that defend our freedom!

About Me

My photo
I am a easy going person who loves God and the life he has given to me, so I am trying to live my BEST life, and have alot of laughs and fun along the way!!