A whole new ME!!

A whole new ME!!
You can make it through..Me after the RIDE!! Life through new eyes and it is MAGICAL!!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

When I asked for Scotty to "Beam me up" I didn't think he heard me...



Hi everyone! Have a few updates for you..I did see my Radation Dr the last few days, he is very nice. I feel very comfortable with him, first question that everyone has (including myself is why do I need the radation if at surgery all the cancer tumors where removed?)

Well I did have 3 lymph nodes that still has microscopic cancer in them, I had a total of 14 lymph nodes removed so I could have had more lymph nodes that had cancer in them and the chemo may have killed them but cancer cells could still be there and start re-growing again so we do not want that at all, and because of my age and the aggressiveness of the cancer, I want to be around cancer-free for a very, very,very,very (did I say very) loooooonnnnnnnnngggggggg time!!

I start this fun ride on 03/01/11 Monday-Friday for 6 weeks. Will take about 30min the first time then 15-20 after that I will do this before work.  Seeing the Dr. once a week to discuss progress ect..

I am feeling much better, my friend Pami who is the best massage therapist EVER has been doing massage for me to help with my range of motion and WOW it has helped alot. So, if you live around me email me and I will be glad to give out her info. I wake up in very little pain, the tightness is going away..I still will have to do my excersises on my own but this will help a ton!!

The way I look at this is only a few minutes everyday that will save my life, my schedule will have to be adjusted some but it will be ok..One day at a time, like Sandra Bullock said in the movie "28 Days" " What like 2 or 3 days is an option"??? Like the Dr. says the worst is over..

It will be Radation Mon-Fri from 03/01/11 till 04/12/11 (that is what I get when I count it) and Herceptin every 3 weeks till Sept. 24th 2011 so I just had one on the 18th of Feb. so I should have about 8 rounds of that. This is all do able I just do not want to do it..I am kinda used to this living thing and learning to love it..Plus, what could bring you all more joy then reading my blog?? Ok maybe a root canal ;)

((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

Stay tuned for the next blog "How being bullied helped me get through cancer"

1 comment:

  1. Heather you are gonna get through all this my friend. like i said before you are on strong woman, I am soooo proud of you, you have gone through so much already but i know you will do great, i know its not easy. but you can do it my friend you CAN DO ITTTT!!!! i love you. always
    Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Bonding with my girl's

Bonding with my girl's
I am still mom! WE are all bald under our hair, let's make it colorful not fearful!!

Climbing the mountain 10/17/10

Climbing the mountain 10/17/10
Winning the war against breast cancer, enjoying the freedoms to be me! Loved the fact the flag was behind me and I did not even know it. Thanks to all those that defend our freedom!

About Me

My photo
I am a easy going person who loves God and the life he has given to me, so I am trying to live my BEST life, and have alot of laughs and fun along the way!!